~I.D.I.O.T ARCHIVES~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kitchen

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Kitchen - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kitchen

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:36 pm

We exit the chiller Ameil with his hands behind his back and mine laden with food stuff. Bacon, butter, buttermilk, tomaotes, mushrooms, black pudding and cooked potatoes. Slumping them down on the counter he then orders me to go to the pantry, retrieve eggs, muffins, Soda bread and a can of kidney beans, and whole peeled tomatoes.

I come out of the pantry with all my goods precariously balanced. "Dang its hot in here, is it always like this?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Borsch wrote:"No it gets worse than this, especially on hot days. Because the extractor fan is broken. Now first we need to make the hollandaise, have you seperated an egg before?"

The Kitchen - Page 2 BORSCH
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:13 pm

"Broken? Ameil would you help me by listing the things that need to be changed, we have Seren helping us but she lacks the experience like yours. Will you?" I'd remembered how Kumani had shown me how to make hollandaise. Grabbing two bowls I seperated the eggs. He smiled then instructed me to do the butter...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:15 pm

Borsch wrote:"There is only one thing I would like changed. And that is the law that dictates all descendants of my cast and lower having to return to knockmaa against there will to serve the court." His face darkened. "Forgive me my lord I did not mean..."

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:17 pm

"You are fu--nnying me. Thats a bloody law?" Ameil had yet to answer when two young men walked in thru the back door.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:20 pm

Seb wrote:"Excuse us your highness, we didnt mean to interupt. I am Sebastian Miko this is Rufus Degant what Ameil states is the truth. We'll go and leave you to your, are you cooking?"

The Kitchen - Page 2 SEB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:22 pm

"Im trying too. Note I said TRYING." I held my hand out to the Sebastian. "I like you have an aversion to titles you can both call me Abaddon. Nice to meet you both."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:25 pm

Rufus wrote:"Yeah we try to cook too but Ameil over there bans us from trying in his kitchen. No unless its chopping or peeling something about fires right Seb." We crack up laughing. "Its good to meet you Abaddon."

The Kitchen - Page 2 Rufuscopy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:26 pm

Quinn wrote:Good god that was a long walk. First I expected it to be a nice little prance through the forest ended up being a bloody hiking expedition. I had to materialize myself closer so I didn't have to walk so much. I enter through the back.

"You've probably already figured it out, but yes, I stole a couple of apple turnovers-" I cut off. "Babies!" I say, rushing over to the adorable little chubbies off to the side. I see Rufus and Seb.

"Your parents let you out of your cell or did you escape again?" I laughed at the both of them. My two best buddies and partners in crime. Then I noticed the prince. I curtsy quickly. Opppppps.

The Kitchen - Page 2 Qunnhiggins
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:30 pm

Seb wrote:"Oh the ususal gave them a light show too. Think deer in headlights. " I move closer to her. "Uhoh someone get a bib." I move over by Quinn and hand her a paper towel, she frowns at me and I add "Its so you dont dribble on the babies."

The Kitchen - Page 2 SEB

Last edited by on Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:43 pm

Quinn wrote:"Thanks lad." I ruffled his hair as he makes an annoyed expression.

"Nice of you to take care of your elders." He mentions I'm about 600 years older and I punch his shoulder. "Its rude to talk about a lady's age." I stopped laughing and mentally hit my head. I always forgot myself. I curtsied at the prince again and Seb snorts.

"Excuse me. I am Quinn Higgins." Hells bells if I was calling him 'your Highness' when I didn't have to.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:45 pm

"Nice to meet you Quinn Im Abaddon and please refrain from calling me your highness. So why are you three in here and not out their loitering with the rest of the court?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:56 pm

Rufus wrote:I sniggered. "We are pariahs. New generation X and they don't like our radical utterings of at least learning the names of those who serve us. Plus, Quinn-ah-bagel here got us caught last time when we put itching powder in Lady Miko's dress. So everyone is on the look out for us. The only reason we'd go near any of them is to play a trick, but now we're often avoid. Thanks a lot Quinn." She makes a wringing motion behind Abaddon's back, like she wants to choke me and I laugh.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:06 pm

"And she's behind me, thanks for the warning, although Caden and Sosanna dont take kindly to anyone messing with their Athair." I say jokingly as I turn around to wink at Quinn.

"Itching powder is a good trick, might I suggest you brush up on your ninja skills." Looking over at Sebastian as he laughs heartily. "Your related to Lady Miko, I take it theres no love loss?" He shakes his head to agree with me.

"Allright then I think we should put you three to work, since I gather you all are hungry?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:10 pm

Quinn wrote:I pat my stomach. "I'm all good. I sto-err, was offered and gratefully accepted some apple turnovers earlier. I ate about four, so I'm good. But I'll help out."

I hear Seb trying to cover up saying 'liar' behind his hand as he coughs the words. I narrow my eyes at him and feign a laugh. "Har har har. Get to work greenboy."

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:17 pm

Borsch wrote:"Wait, there are rules you two" I say pointing to Sebastian and Rufus "Are banned from handling anything with flames, heat, cooking or electrical. This place isnt fire retardant and the last time I let you two cook do you remember the wall on fire?" They laughed. "So you Sebastian will slice black pudding, and lay them along with the bacon on the tray. "You Rufus will open the beans and place them in a pot with those canned tomatoes."

"Miss Quinn stay out of the sweets, your on vegetable detail, we need fine diced onion, put in that pot, sliced mushroom and de-pipped tomatoes halved. Abaddon we can continue to make hollandaise and cook the eggs. I will get the plates." I clap my hands Chop chop.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:23 pm

Seb wrote:Quinn, Rufus and I stand at attention and salute Borsch. "Sir, yes sir." We say in deep serious tones. Breaking into laughs we separate to do our jobs. I rush over to the beans and Rufus looks at me like 'wtf?' Laughing I point to the black pudding. "Have fun."

The Kitchen - Page 2 SEB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:31 pm

Rufus wrote:"Fine if I drop any on the floor its going to be put onto a special tray just for you." I say flipping Seb the verb.

"So Abaddon is the royal court gearing up to instate any more proclimations? because the latest one was a doozy." Quinn glares at me.

"Well actually yes we are thinking of instigating changes, why are you volunteering your services we need clerical staff that we can trust."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:39 pm

Quinn wrote:"Ohhh, I want to help with that most definitely." Seb interjects that he too would help with that. "Then its settled. We'll be the One Amiga and Two Amigos standing up for true justice!"

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:44 pm

"You'll all have to come meet Sorsha, so she can give you all the once over before we make a decision. I have asked Ameil to start up a "Things to be changed list." Naturally we have to wait for the King. Ermmm." The hollandaise was finished and I'd put the water onto boil for the poached eggs.

"What does court life exsist of here?"

Seb wrote:
"Honestly, gossiping and nonsequential blabble like Lords holding council meetings to talk about, the changing of the servant guard. Nothing its lazy, fake, and pointless. Hence why we three go against the grain. Can you imagine how boring the last 189 years of my life has been? As a pre adult Im not allowed to leave Knockmaa."

The Kitchen - Page 2 SEB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:55 pm

Rufus wrote:"Very true. The whole class system if messed up. Those of the aristocracy just want justification for being lazy and having power."

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:06 pm

"Excuse my ignorance, but do the servants not have magical powers?

Borsch wrote:"We do my lord but it is only teleportation, some of us have more but mostly we teleport and that is it."

"Right so that means the court don't have to get off their ass--ets" I say looking over at my children. "To lift a finger. So you've been in servitude since you were 200 Ameil? do you get paid?"

Borsch wrote:"Some do but most they get food, shelter, and life. That is the way it has always been."

My features darkened. "So basically your class is treated no better than pack mules? brought out when there is work to be done. Chained and teathered unless some Flippant Court member decides to take you out for sport?"

Borsch wrote:I smiled at his analogy. "Yes although I do think that mules get treated better than we do."

"We will change that Ameil. I swear it." Um excuse me I just need to make a phone call, Ameil would you mind watching the children?" He nods as I exit the room. I press one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:17 pm

Quinn wrote:I lean over to Borsch. "This is even better than Taran having a fetish for exotic women."
Borsch wrote:"You mean Lord Taran. And don't go around repeating that." I went back to the food.
"Alright 'Lord' Taran has a fetish for exotic women."
Seb wrote:I caught Quinn's last sentence. "Woah, back up, Taran The Stiff gets stiffies for exotic women?"
"Shhhh!" I hissed. "Borsch doesn't want you to say that too loudly.
Rufus wrote:"Taran? King Finvarra's friend slash bodyguard?" Quinn nods. "That dude is such a tight-" Quinn lifts a knife at me and motions with her eyes at the babies. "Right, sensory. Gotcha, put the knife down." She glares. "Well who knew that's what floats his boat?"

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:26 pm

Seb wrote:
"Aparently exotic women, dang who is this chick hang on is that the brown woman who was at the christening? who can blame him she is stunning." Quinn picks up her knife and points it at me. "Woah darma! put down the blade."

The Kitchen - Page 2 SEB

Quinn wrote:
"Taran is a nice man and you two need to stop talking about him in such a way."

Rufus wrote:
"speaking of nice men, you know he didnt look to happy today when the Princess spilled forth her procclimation, I wonder if the king knows?"

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:46 pm

Seb wrote:"Err...I would say that is a big fat no. The king would have made an appearance had he known. Whether it was to back up the princess or not, he wouldn't have not shown had he any idea of what the princess was proclaiming."

The Kitchen - Page 2 SEB
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum